Simplified Divorce

This form should be used when a husband and wife are filing for a simplified dissolution of marriage. You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months before filing for a dissolution in Florida. You may file a simplified dissolution of marriage in Florida if all of the following are true:

  • You and your spouse agree that the marriage cannot be saved.
  • You and your spouse have no minor or dependent child(ren) together, the wife does not have any minor or dependent children born during the marriage, and the wife is not now pregnant.
  • You and your spouse have worked out how the two of you will divide the things that you both own (your assets) and who will pay what part of the money you both owe (your liabilities), and you are both satisfied with this division.
  • You are not seeking support (alimony) from your spouse, and vice versa.
  • You are willing to give up your right to trial and appeal.
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go into the clerk’s office to sign the petition (not necessarily together).
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time).
  • If you do not meet the criteria above, you must file a regular petition for dissolution of marriage. This petition should be typed or printed in black ink. Each of you must sign the petition.

Included Documents:

Coming Soon...
  • Cover Sheet for Family Law Cases
  • Affidavit of Corroborating Witness
  • Marital Settlement Agreement
  • Notice of Related Cases
  • Notice of Social Security
  • Form 12.901(a) Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage
  • Final Judgement
Thank you! Your information has been submitted.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Purchase Video Package:

Coming Soon...