Uncontested Divorce

An uncontested divorce in Florida means that the parties agree on all issues such as division of property and debts, alimony or not, child support, visitation if applicable, and responsibility for attorney fees.

To get a simplified dissolution of marriage in Florida, you’ll first need to prepare a “Petition for Simplified Dissolution.” File the completed petition with the circuit court clerk’s office for the county where either you or your spouse lives. You’ll have to pay filing fees at the same time you file your petition; your county clerk can tell you how much those fees will be. You may file a simplified dissolution of marriage in Florida if all of the following are true:

  • You and your spouse agree that the marriage cannot be saved.
  • You and your spouse have worked out how the two of you will divide the things that you both own (your assets) and who will pay what part of the money you both owe (your liabilities), and you are both satisfied with this division.
  • You are not seeking support (alimony) from your spouse, and vice versa.
  • You are willing to give up your right to trial and appeal.
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go into the clerk’s office to sign the petition (not necessarily together).
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time).

Included Documents:

Coming Soon...
Thank you! Your information has been submitted.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Purchase Video Package:

Coming Soon...